Fretless Cigar Box Guitar Course - 1 day
Build a Cigar Box Style Slide Guitar
- Length: 1 Day.
- Time: 9:00 to 16:00 with 1 Hour for lunch.
- Included: All tools, materials and tea / coffee.
- Bring: Your own food and sensible shoes (toes covered).
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Prior Experience: None required.
- Group size: Max 5.
Spend a day making a fully functioning instrument from scratch! You will build a three-string slide guitar. This has no physical frets and uses a slide to alter the tuning. If you haven’t played this style before, don’t worry I’ll also teach you the basics!
What you will do:
- Make everything by hand (with maybe a couple of power tools)
- Make a pine and plywood sound box,
- Add a hardwood neck,
- Glue on and mark out a fretboard,
- Solder and install a pickup.
- Install tuners.
- Decorate the box if time permits.
- String it up and learn to play!
This is a beginners level of course; so don’t worry if you haven’t done any woodwork for a while (or ever!)
*All participants must be 18 years and older.*
*Courses are non-refundable 1 week prior to course starting.*