Fretted Cigar Box Guitar Making - 2 Day
Cigar box Guitar
- Length: 2 Days.
- Time: 9:00 to 16:00 with 1 Hour for lunch.
- Included: All tools, materials and tea / coffee.
- Bring: Your own food and sensible shoes (toes covered).
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Prior Experience: None required.
- Group size: Max 4.
Build a three-string fretted guitar and learn to play it over two days. This is a step up from the one-day fretless build due the skills required to add and shape frets. You will build this using a hardwood neck and fretboard, a genuine cigar box and an under saddle piezo pickup.
If you have a box you would like to use then you are more than welcome to bring it and we can discuss its suitability. For this course, all boxes must be wooden, so no metal biscuit tins please (unless it contains biscuits!).
What you will do:
- Make everything by hand (with maybe a couple of power tools).
- Modify a genuine cigar box for purpose.
- Add a hardwood neck.
- Slot and fret a fretboard.
- Add wooden side dots.
- Shape the frets so comfortable to play.
- Solder and install a pickup and jack (no volume).
- Install tuners.
- String it up and learn to play!
This is a beginners level of course; so don’t worry if you haven’t done any woodwork for a while (or ever!)
*All participants must be 18 years and older.*
*Classes are non-refundable 1 week prior to class starting.*