Beginner Woodworking Course - 2 day
- Length: 2 Days.
- Time: 9:00 to 16:00 with 1 Hour for lunch.
- Included: All tools, materials and tea / coffee.
- Bring: Your own food and sensible shoes (toes covered).
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
- Prior Experience: None required.
- Group size: Max 4.
This course is designed to give you an introduction to woodworking using hand tools. Working wood with hand tools gives a quieter, more relaxed approach to woodworking. Over the two days, we will be making a small Japanese inspired box with a locking lid. This product introduces many of the skills required to make many other wooden items.
- Wood choice and availability.
- Basic designing of a project.
- Understanding working drawings.
- Marking out tools including squares and marking gauges.
- Different types of saws including western style and Japanese saws.
- Planes types and uses.
- Using bench hooks and shooting boards.
- Spoke shaves.
- Rasps and surforms.
- The different types of hand Drills and bits.
- Surface finishing;
- Card scrapers.
- Waxes and other finishes.
*All participants must be 18 years and older.*
*Courses are non-refundable 1 week prior to course starting.*
Dates available for current academic year:
- Monday 18th – Tuesday 19th February 2019
- Saturday 23rd – Sunday 24th February 2019
- Saturday 2nd – Sunday 3rd March 2019
- Saturday 6th – Sunday 7th April 2019
- Monday 8th – Tuesday 9th April 2019
- Thursday 18th – Friday 19th July 2019
- Saturday 20th – Sunday 21st July 2019